Michelle Cove is an author, filmmaker, public speaker, and the founder and executive director of MEDIAGIRLS, an organization whose mission is to teach girls and young women to discover their self-worth, and use social media to speak up for their beliefs.
Michelle and I talked about how messages that girls see in the media are affecting them, the love/hate relationship they have with social media and more.
Here's the full interview below:
Events mentioned on the show:
- June 2nd at The Wilbur Theatre
- Two shows at 7:30pm and 10pm
Concerts in the Courtyard
- Listen to music in one of the most beautiful spaces in boston - The courtyard of the Central Library in Copley Square.
- They’ll offer free, one-hour concerts throughout the summer. The courtyard hosts music that ranges from jazz to classical and from world to folk.
Cambridge Art River Festival
- Saturday, June 3rd from 11am – 6pm
- Features: music, dance, theatrical performances, kids activities, food and more.