‘Braxton Family Values’ Prepares For Return
Over the weekend, the extended trailer for the new season of WE TV’s Braxton Family Values was released.
Last season was pretty rocky. The cast decided to boycott filming the reality TV show because they wanted an increase in salary, but Traci Braxton decided to film and make her coins, which caused a fissure in her relationships with the other Braxton sisters, Tamar, Towanda, Trina, and Toni.
The season ended with the family’s infamous meeting with inspriational speaker Iyanla Vanzant, which didn’t go too well. As seen in the new extended trailer, Momma Evelyn thought that Vanzant picked on Tamar during the therapy sessions, but Towanda also felt like the no-nonsense life coach picked on their mother, Evelyn.
Here’s what else we know from the trailer:
- Trina has a new job.
- Tamar is no longer with her husband, Vincent Herbert, but they’re not divorced yet.
- Toni doesn’t want to address her relationship with Birdman.
- Towanda is wearing a new ring.
- Trina confronts the grief of losing her ex-husband, Gabe Solis.
- Traci has a few words with Birdman.
- Toni’s still angry with the family and herself.
- Momma Evelyn is working on a new cookbook, and Towanda is helping her with it.
- Traci and Trina are on great terms since the meeting with Vanzant.
- Tamar has anxiety about her sisters visiting her on the road during her play with Snoop Dogg because she’s afraid they’ll sabotage her show.
Braxton Family Values returns to TV on April 4.
Glennisha Morgan is a Detroit-bred multimedia journalist and writer. She writes about intersectionality, hip-hop, pop culture, queer issues, race, feminism, and her truth. Follow her on Twitter @GlennishaMorgan