The student known only as JC was admitted to Mass General in Boston last year after eating leftover Chinese food and developed life threatening sepsis. He’d also developed gangrene caused by bacteria from the leftovers. He was immediately put in Intensive Care where he later went into organ failure.
The food he had eaten the night before consisted of chicken, rice, and lo mein. He started vomiting then suffered from dizziness, headaches and his skin started turning purple. His condition got worse over time and eventually the 19-year-old then had to have both of his legs amputated below the knee, along with all 10 of his fingers.
You can read the story and see graphic photos of his condition HERE