I’ve got good news for some workers in Massachusetts, as a second round of $500 checks will soon be sent out. The checks will go out to about 330,000 low-income workers in Massachusetts. It’s part of the COVID-19 Essential Employee Premium Pay Program.
Wondering if you’re eligible? It’s based on 2021 Massachusetts tax returns, and if you’re eligible, you don’t need to do anything. You will automatically be sent a check.
From the official Massachusetts website…
In order to be eligible to receive one of the Round 2 Premium Pay $500 checks:
You must have:
- Filed a 2021 tax return;
- Been a Massachusetts resident on or before June 15, 2021, or a part year resident that lived in Massachusetts between January 1, 2021 and June 15, 2021;
- Earned income of at least $13,500 in 2021 employment compensation; AND
- Had a total household income at or below 300% of the federal poverty level in 2021 (see table below).
And you must NOT have:
- Received a $500 check in the first round of this program; OR
- Received any unemployment compensation in 2021; OR
- If you are an employee of the Commonwealth’s Executive Branch, received a one-time COVID-related payment from the Commonwealth as your employer.
There is a dedicated call center available at (866) 750-9803 and it’s open Monday through Friday, 9 am – 4 pm.
If you still need more info, check out the Frequently Asked Questions
WIN: If you’re an essential worker and want to win tickets to check out New Kids On The Block, you can enter HERE.