HOT 96.9’s Million Dollar Mix
You can become Boston’s newest millionaire with HOT 96.9’s Million Dollar Mix!
Caller #10 gets a shot at solving the Million Dollar Mix! Be the first to correctly identify, in order, the titles of all 3 songs and win all the money in the HOT 96.9 jackpot! Solve the mini mix and you’ll get a shot at the one million dollar grand prize with HOT 96.9’s Million Dollar Mega Mix!
Ramiro, Pebbles and Melissa have your first chances to win every weekday morning at 8am and 8:30am! Then, more chances in the afternoon at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm. Listen to HOT 96.9 for the cue to call in at 833-973-0969!
HOT 96.9 – WBQT-FM
MILLION DOLLAR MIX
These rules apply to Million Dollar Mix Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WBQT-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.HOT969Boston.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on Monday, May 17, 2021 and end on July 23, 2021, or when a total of one hundred (100) Qualifiers have been selected, whichever occurs first.
- To participate in the Contest, listen to the Station weekdays beginning on Monday, May 17, 2021 and ending on July 23, 2021 (excluding May 31, 2021 & July 5, 2021) at approximately 8:00AM Eastern Time (“ET”), 08:30AM ET, 2:00PM ET, 3:00PM ET, and 4:00PM ET for the announcement of the cue to call. Each cue to call will be followed by a designated Contest mini mix which consists of a total of three (3) song clips (the “Mini Mixes”). Upon hearing the cue to call, the tenth (10th) caller to the Station contest line at 833-973-0969 will have the opportunity to win a Qualifying Prize and be qualified for the chance to win the Grand Prize (each deemed a “Qualifier”), upon confirmation of eligibility, by correctly identifying the title of each of the three (3) songs in the Mini Mix in the order in which they played. The designated caller will have one (1) attempt to correctly name the three (3) songs in the Mini Mix in the order in which they played. The Station will be the sole judge in determining whether the caller correctly named the three (3) songs in the Mini Mix in the order in which they played. In the case the designated caller correctly names the three (3) songs in the Mini Mix in the order in which they played, the designated caller will be deemed a Qualifier and a new Mini Mix will be generated for the next cue to call, if any. In the case the designated caller incorrectly names any of the three (3) songs in the Mini Mix or names the songs out of the order in which they played, the caller will not be deemed a Qualifier, the same Mini Mix will be used for the next cue to call, and an additional one hundred dollars ($100) will be added to the Qualifying Prize amount for the next airing of the same Mini Mix. The Qualifying Prize amount will reset back to ninety-six dollars ($96) every time the designated caller correctly names the three (3) songs in the Mini Mix in the order in which they played.
- Station is not responsible for any failure of a caller to reach the Station contest line including but not limited to busy phone lines, misdirected calls, equipment breakdowns, or disconnections. Calls will only be accepted at the designated phone number. At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller who successfully makes it through on the call-in line may attempt to be deemed a Qualifier. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a Qualifier only once.
- This will continue through July 23, 2021 or until a maximum of one hundred (100) Qualifiers have been selected on-air. If at any time prior to July 23, 2021, there are one hundred (100) Qualifiers selected, no additional cues to call will be aired. If on July 23, 2021, there are less than one hundred (100) Qualifiers, the Contest will only continue with that number of Qualifiers and no additional cues will be aired.
- There MAY be up to a total of one hundred (100) Qualifying Prize winners and one (1) Grand Prize or Consolation Prize winner selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Rhode Island, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees, officers, and directors of the Station, Beasley Media Group, LLC, Million Dollar Media, each of their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this Contest and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above, whether or not related. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this promotion, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grand children) and each of their respective spouses.
- Up to one hundred (100) Qualifying Prizes MAY be awarded. Each Qualifying Prize consists of a minimum of ninety-six dollars ($96) awarded in the form of a company check issued in the name of the winner. The exact amount of the Qualifying Prize depends on the number of callers who incorrectly named the three (3) songs in the Mini Mix in the order in which they played prior to the Qualifying Prize winner, as described in Section 1. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Qualifying Prize is a minimum of $96. No check will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize with the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Checks will then be available or mailed within approximately eight (8) weeks following confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases and IRS forms.
- Up to one (1) Grand Prize MAY be awarded, in the case of a Grand Prize-winning occurrence as described in Section 4 of these Official Rules. The Grand Prize consists of one million dollars ($1,000,000) 40-year annuity, awarded in the form of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) Cash per year for 40-years without interest. The initial prize award of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) cash shall be awarded within approximately 30-days of receipt of all required prize acceptance paperwork, and each subsequent payment shall occur on or about the anniversary date of the first payment for 39-years. No current cash value of the annuity prize award will be available. No check will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize with the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms.In the case of more than one (1) Grand Prize-winning occurrence as described in Section 4 of these Official Rules, the cash value of the Grand Prize will be evenly distributed among all eligible winning Qualifiers.
- Up to one (1) Consolation Prize MAY be awarded, in the case of no Grand Prize-winning occurrence as described in Section 4 of these Official Rules. The Consolation Prize consists of one thousand dollars ($1,000) awarded in the form of a company check issued in the name of the winner. ARV of the Consolation Prize is $1,000. No check will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize with the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Checks will then be available or mailed within approximately eight (8) weeks following confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases and IRS forms.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed as described by the Station at the time of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to one hundred (100) Qualifiers MAY be selected and notified on-air as described above.
- The one hundred (100) Qualifiers will have the opportunity to win the Grand Prize at the “Grand Prize Event” currently scheduled on or around August 3, 2021 in the Boston metro area. Selected Qualifiers will have the option to either submit an entry in writing prior to the Grand Prize Event or may select to be present at the designated date, time and location in order to participate in the Grand Prize Event. [CONFIRM OR ADJUST ACCORDINGLY] If any Qualifier fails to submit their entry form in writing by the required deadline and in a manner as designated and determined solely by the Station (whether they are attending the Grand Prize Event or not), that selected Qualifier will be disqualified, and will be ineligible to participate or claim any prize. The disqualified Qualifier will not receive any alternate prize attempts, prize substitution or compensation. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the date, time or location of the Grand Prize Event. Selected Qualifiers will be notified of any changes and will receive notification from Station prior to the scheduled Grand Prize Event. Difficulties with Qualifiers who are not attending the Grand Prize Event submitting an entry form, or difficulties with a Qualifiers getting to the Grand Prize Event to participate in the Grand Prize Event Contest are not the responsibility of Station. Qualifiers are solely responsible for any travel costs or expenses associated with attending the Grand Prize Event and submitting an entry. Station may elect to conduct all or part of this contest execution via video conference if they so choose.
- Prior to the Grand Prize Event date, a list of eight (8) songs will be randomly arranged in a predetermined winning order by Million Dollar Media (the “Contest Administrator”), and placed in a master sealed prize envelope. Each song in the list will be used a maximum of one time. The order of the predetermined winning list will be determined by Million Dollar Media.
- Each eligible Qualifier will be provided with the list of eight (8) songs in a random or alphabetic order. Qualifiers must submit an entry by placing each song in any order of their choice from 1 - 8. After all eligible Qualifiers have submitted their list to the Contest Administrator, the Contest Administrator will then open the master sealed prize envelope containing the predetermined winning list of songs, and reveal the winning order of eight (8) songs to the Qualifiers. In order for the Grand Prize to be awarded to an eligible Qualifier, that Qualifier must have submitted a list to the Contest Administrator that exactly matches the winning list in order from 1 - 8, as contained in the master sealed prize envelope present at the Grand Prize Event.
- The designated Contest Administrator will announce if any Qualifier has submitted an entry that exactly matches the order of the predetermined winning list contained in the master sealed prize envelope. Qualifiers will have a maximum of one opportunity to participate in the Contest. All submitted entries must be fully complete and legible. Any incomplete or illegible entry, or any entry not submitted to the Contest Administrator by the stated deadline at the Grand Prize Event will be ineligible and disqualified from the Contest.
- In the case of more than one (1) Grand Prize-winning occurrence as described herein, the cash value of the Grand Prize will be evenly distributed among all eligible winning Qualifiers.
- In the event there is not a Grand Prize-winning entry, the eligible Qualifier who has submitted a song list entry that is closest to the predetermined Grand Prize-winning song list will be declared the Consolation Prize winner. In the event of any Grand Prize winner(s), the Consolation Prize will not be awarded. The Consolation Prize winner will be determined by identifying the Qualifier who has submitted the most songs in the correct position as compared to the winning list of 8 songs. In the event of a tie between any eligible Qualifiers (i.e. two or more Qualifiers have arranged the same highest number of songs in the correct position), then a random drawing will be held among tied Qualifiers to determine the Consolation Prize winner.
- The odds of being deemed a Qualifier depend in part on the order and number of calls received. The odds of a Qualifier winning the Grand Prize are 1:40,320.
- Entrants must listen to the Station to be deemed a Qualifier but do not need to be present to enter or win a Qualifying Prize. Qualifiers need not listen to the Station or be present to win the Grand Prize (subject to change).
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.HOT969Boston.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 55 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.