April 22nd is National Jelly Bean Day, and the undisputable champion of jelly beans is the Jelly Belly. So let’s have a little fun and tell you what your favorite Jelly Belly flavor says about you. And no, we’re not going by science or a poll. That would be silly. We’re going by the opinions of The GetUp Crew – Ramiro, Pebbles, Melissa, Sports Guy Leroy, and Producer Aaron, so you know it’s going to be hilarious! But first, a few fun facts about Jelly Belly, according the the actual Jelly Belly people.
- It takes 7-14 days to make one Jelly Belly jelly bean.
- America’s favorite flavors: very cherry, buttered popcorn, licorice, sizzling cinnamon, and juicy pear.
- Kid’s favorite flavors: berry blue, green apple, and cotton candy.
- Most controversial flavor, you either love it or hate it…buttered popcorn. Runner-up – licorice.
- There are more than 100 different flavors of Jelly Belly jelly beans.
- 15 billion Jelly Belly jelly beans are eaten each year.
- The original eight in 1976: very cherry, grape, tangerine, cream soda, root bear, green apple, lemon, and licorice.