Fall Driving Tips Presented by Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Fall is here and Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) wants to make sure your car is ready, safe and reliable for your family road trip! VIOC offers, touchless, stay-in-your-car drive thru service so you never have to leave your car.
They have taken extra safety precautions to keep their guests safe while in the service center such as touchless payments options, invoices emailed to you and appropriate personal protective equipment.
Before you hit the road this fall, swing into Valvoline Instant Oil Change for a FREE courtesy check of your tires, battery, lights and fluids so your car is road-trip ready.
Check out VIOC’s Top 5 Fall Driving Tips to help prepare your vehicle and ensure it is in optimal driving condition for your getaway or your day-to-day driving in the fall weather conditions
- Change your motor oil regularly: Regular oil changes with the correct grade of motor oil can improve gas mileage up to 2 percent*. Even if you aren’t driving as much, your car may still need an oil change. Be sure to change your oil every 3,000 miles or every 6 months; whichever comes first. Visit getanoilchange.com to save 20% on your total purchase at VIOC.
- Tires: Inflate & Rotate: Air pressure in a tire decreases 1-2 pounds for every 10 degrees of temperature change. With fluctuations in fall temperatures, be sure your tires are fully inflated and rotated before your road trip. If snow and ice are a problem in your area, be sure to check the tread on your tires and consider winter tires before the weather gets bad.
- Washer Fluid: Water will freeze on your windshield once it begins to get cold. Choose a cold-weather washer fluid that won’t freeze in colder temperatures. Valvoline Instant Oil Change uses washer fluid that will help defrost your windshield on those cold mornings and will inspect your wiper blades and refill your washer fluid as part of our free maintenance check every time you purchase a full-service oil change.
- Check your Heating System (Radiator): Your heating system protects your engine from freezing in the cold winter conditions. Your radiator is also critical for interior comfort and safety reasons such as defrosting. VIOC can perform a radiator system flush in about 20 minutes – while you wait in the convenience of your car.
- Battery: Get your battery tested. The Fall and Winter can be hard on car batteries, so make sure yours still has plenty of power. Valvoline Instant Oil change is happy to do a free battery check and can also install a new battery if yours is low.
Always remember to follow the vehicle maintenance procedures outlined in your owner’s manual. These can help improve your fuel economy and prolong the life of your vehicle. The experts at Valvoline Instant Oil Change are always happy to help perform any of the above services and make sure your car is road trip ready! To learn more or find a VIOC location near you, visit www.vioc.com.
*As cited from the U.S. Department of Energy at fueleconomy.gov