5 Rudest Things You Can Do at a Holiday Party
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. But is it? Yes, many of us love the holidays and get into the holiday spirit but many of us think having to be merry and jolly all the time is a bit much. Especially when it comes to holiday parties. Sure holiday parties can be fun, with the right people. Some can also feel like a chore. But whatever side of the fence you reside on, you need to avoid doing one of these five things while attending your holiday parties this season.
- Bringing a plus-one without mentioning it. IF the invitation says you can bring a plus one, go ahead. But MAKE SURE you let it be known you’re doing it. Don’t just assume it’s going to be okay. Many parties take into account number of people when buying food and alcohol.
- Trying to cover up a spill. If you spill something, tell someone and absolutely try to clean it up. Do NOT just try to hide it
- Ignoring the dress code. If the party is a theme party, LISTEN. Many are ugly sweater parties, red and green parties, black and white…either way, PAY ATTENTION.
- Showing up empty handed. Even if the host tells you 100 times not to bring anything, BRING SOMETHING ANYWAY. Even if it’s just a gift for the host, not necessarily the party.
- Getting too drunk. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE likes a sloppy drunk. There’s nothing wrong with having fun but if you get to a point where you’re knocking things over and disrespecting people, it’s time to sober up.
Follow these five rules and plan on having a fun and productive holiday party season. Enjoy yourself, be cordial and just don’t make a fool out of yourself and you’re good! Happy holidays all!